Click here to request an addition to the Alumni Page
Fredrick H. Clark
- Graduated SHS: 1948
- Lived in the old Hyrum Clark home at 274 S 200 W in Springville, Utah
- Attended the Lincoln and Jefferson grade schools.
- While studying composition at BYU under Leon Dallin & Crawford Gates he wrote his first Symphony for his masters thesis.
- Taught band and orchestra at American Fork and Lehi, Utah.
- Later moved with my family to Seattle, Washington to work on a PhD at the University of Washington.
- Auditioned for the Seattle Symphony directed by Milton Katims.
- Taught band and orchestra in the Seattle Public Schools for 30+ years and retired in 1985.
- While in Seattle he was Stake Music Director for the Seattle Stake, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Currently living in Winlock, Washington enjoying a 20 acre ranch with horses and cows.
- Wife, Maureen is a member of the Stake Relief Society and has fun sewing.
- Continuing with music composition and have been the Stake Clerk for over 6 years.
- The Olympia Symphony recently performed one of his Symphonies called "The Prophet".
- Principal copyist for Crawford Gates' opera "Joseph, Joseph". Production to take place in The Conference Center in SLC in the fall of 2005. Spent last 6 years on this project. (2005 update).
- E-mail contact: email@example.com