Do you or someone you know need help with Christmas this year? Sub for Santa is currently taking applications. There will be an application night at Westside Elementry School Thursday, November 15th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. There are other times and locations listed on the attachement. Please bring a photo ID for yourself, an ID for your children (Immunization record, Birth Certificate, Mecaid card, or Baptismal record), Income verification, and proof of current address.
November 12th through the 16th, represenitives from Utah Colleges and Universities will be at Springville High School to assist students in the application process. Students must have their Drivers Licence, Social Security number, and a Debit or Credit Card to complete to applications. DSU, SUU, Westinster and SNOW will all be providing fee waivers for any student who applies at SHS during UCAW. If you can not afford to pay the applicartion fees please see your counselor prior to the sessions. The Conseling office will have hidden College Pennants around the school, if you find one bring it to the Counseling Office for a Prize. Please visit the COUNSELING WEBSITE for more information.
Election Day is today, don't forget to vote. You can find more Information on the Nebo Bond HERE.
This year is a mail in election, there will not be polling stations, instead voters may bring in their ballots they received in the mail to ANY Utah county Civic Center. You may also pick up a provisional ballot today with valid ID and proof of residence.
|General Election Service Centers|
|November 6, 2018|
|7:00 AM- 8:00 PM|
|Alpine||Alpine City Hall||20 N Main St. Alpine, UT 84004|
|American Fork||American Fork Library||64 S 100 E American Fork, UT 84003|
|Cedar Hills||Cedar Hills City Hall||10246 N Canyon Rd. Cedar Hills, UT 84062|
|Eagle Mountain||Eagle Mountain City Hall||1650 E Stagecoach Run Eagle Mountain, UT 84005|
|Elk Ridge||Elk Ridge City Hall||80 E Park Dr. Elk Ridge, UT 84651|
|Goshen||Goshen City Hall||10 W Main St, Goshen, UT 84633|
|Highland||Highland City Hall||5400 W Civic Center Dr. Highland, UT 84003|
|Lehi||Lehi City Hall||153 N 100 E Lehi, UT 84043|
|Lehi||Utah Community Credit Union||3333 N Digital Dr, Lehi, UT 84043|
|Lindon||Lindon Community Center||25 N Main St. Lindon, UT 84042|
|Mapleton||Mapleton Community Center||125 W 400 N, Mapleton, UT 84664|
|Orem||Orem City Hall||56 N State St. Orem, UT 84057|
|Orem||Orem Scout Office||748 N 1340 W, Orem, UT 84057|
|Payson||Payson City Hall||439 W Utah Avenue Payson, UT 84651|
|Pleasant Grove||Pleasant Grove Lions Center||610 East Center Street, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062|
|Provo||Provo City Rec Center||320 W 500 N Provo, UT 84601|
|Provo||Legacy Village of Provo||4146 N University Ave, Provo, UT 84604|
|Salem||Salem City Office||30 W 100 S Salem, UT 84653|
|Santaquin||Santaquin City Office||275 W Main Street Santaquin, Ut 84655|
|Saratoga Springs||Smith's Market Place (community room)||689 N Redwood Road, Saratoga Springs, UT 84045|
|Spanish Fork||Spanish Fork Senior Center||167 W Center Street Spanish Fork, UT 84660|
|Springville||Springville Civic Center||110 S Main Street Springville, UT 84663|
|Vineyard||Vineyard City Hall||125 S Main, Vineyard Utah 84058|
|Utah County||Historic Courthouse||51 S University Ave, Provo, UT 84601|
Thursday, November 8th at 7:00 pm, at the Nebo CTE building (350 S. Main St., Spanish Fork) will be the Nebo School District/Utah Parent Center November Meeting. This meeting will focus on validating the emotions of your child with out condoning the bad behaviors. Parents only, child care will not be available. Please RSVP to email@example.com
State Tournament tickets for Football and Volleyball will be available to purchase at SHS, in front of the Finance office, starting Tuesday 10/30. Pre purchase your tickets at SHS, our school will receive $.50 for each ticket sold here, and skip the lines at the games! State pricing will be $5 per student and $10 per adult.
*Our Lady Red Devil Volleyball team has advanced to the Semi-final game Saturday 11/3 11:30 am @UVU*
Volleyball vs Bountiful: Thursday, November 1st, 5:00 pm @ UVU UCCU Convention center
Football @ Olympus: Friday, November 2nd, 5:00 pm
We invite all SHS students to participate in a Veterans Day Poetry Contest. All poems must be submitted to Mrs. Rabner by Monday, November 5th. The winning Poem will be read in the Veterans Day Assembly on November 8th.
All SHS students are invited to participate in the Veterans Day Poetry Contest. Poems should:
- express love of America or
- express pride in America or
- express gratitude for America and our Veterans or
- honor Veterans or
- explain what Veterans Day means to them or
- talk about peace or
- talk about the price of freedom or
- pay tribute to our Veterans
Our Lady Red Devil Cross Country team took the State 5A Title! Congratulations to Grant Gardner in his Individual Boys Cross Country first place finish. Both the Daily Herald and Desert News have articles on our Springville Cross Country teams and the 5A State Meet.
Individual Girls 5A time results
5A Girls Individual Results:
- Carlee Hansen, Woods Cross, 18:05.2
- Grace Burnett, Skyline, 18:08.9
- Laurie Murphy, Bountiful, 18:21.5
- Karli Branch, Corner Canyon, 18:37.6
- Heidi Sumsion, Springville, 18:40.5
- Elisabeth Ferrell, Farmington, 18:41.8
- Shanee Harris, Box Elder, 18:43.9
- AnnaBeth Templeman, Springville, 18:47.4
- Trisha Thompson, Bountiful, 18:47.9
- Sidney Preator, Timpanogos, 18:48.7
- Michelle Christian, Woods Cross, 18:55.8
- Mariah Skinner, Springville, 18:59.6
- Morgan Jensen, Alta, 19:00.3
- Jaroldeen Oveson, Timpview, 19:02.9
- Caroline Rupper, Brighton, 19:06.9
- Abbie Randall, Wasatch, 19:08.3
- Jane Fredrick, Olympus, 19:12.3
- Liza Sybrowsky, Timpview, 19:13.0
- Anna Sophia Rorrer Warrant, Bountiful, 19:18.1
5A Girls Team Results
5A girls team results:
- Springville 73; 2. Timpview 105; 3. Bountiful 112; 4. Skyline 113; 5. Olympus 133; 6. Timpanogos 184; 7. Farmington 189; 8. Corner Canyon 190; 9. Brighton 234; 10. Wasatch 252; 11. Woods Cross 260; 12. Highland 310; 13. Maple Mountain 334; 14. Alta 334; 15. Roy 368; 16. Murray 447.
5A Boys Individual Time Results
1. Grant Gardner, Springville, 15:26.8;2. Mark Boyle, Corner Canyon, 15:32.7; 3. Andrew Crowther, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 4. Creed Thompson, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 5. Thomas Boyden, Skyline, 15:45.4; 6. Jason Davis, Woods Cross, 15:50.8; 7. Alex Harbertson, Corner Canyon, 15:55.8; 8. Ian Valentine, Alta, 16:02.6; 9. Caleb Johnson, Corner Canyon, 16:03.6; 10. Dalton Mortensen, Bountiful, 16:04.4; 11. Ben Brockbank, Skyridge, 16:04.8; 12. Skyler Spence, Olympus, 16:04.9; 13. Nate Beltran, Corner Canyon, 16:09.0; 14. Isaac Berlin, Timpanogos, 16:10.1; 15. Calvin Boyce, Timpview, 16:10.9; 16. Arik Manwaring, Corner Canyon, 16:13; 17. Davin Thompson, Skyridge, 16:14.0; 18. Sam Sanft, Timpview, 16:18.8; 19. Jalen Anderton, Farmington, 16:20.4; 20. Jackson Dymond, Olympus, 16:21.4.
5A Boys Team Results
1. Corner Canyon 47; 2. Skyridge 59; 3. Farmington 144; 4. Timpanogos 152; 5. Springville 157; 6. Timpview 179; 7. Olympus 183; 8. Skyline 189; 9. Woods Cross 253; 10. Alta 267; 11. Bountiful 288; 12. Provo 315; 13. Jordan 343; 14. Murray 357; 15. Highland 361; 16. Box Elder 369.
You can find a list of four Early Voting locations or vote on Election Day at twenty-four locations found here: utahcounty.gov/elections.
All invited to the #savethekids free Parent Education Night sponsored by Nebo School District on November 5, 2018, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Springville High audirorium at 1205 East 900 South in Springville, Utah.
Collin Kartchner and Dr. Katey McPherson will lead a discussion on:
- Balancing screen time and device use,
- Protecting and cultivating our children's self worth,
- Devising a sensible family use of device plan.