Thursday, November 8th at 7:00 pm, at the Nebo CTE building (350 S. Main St., Spanish Fork) will be the Nebo School District/Utah Parent Center November Meeting. This meeting will focus on validating the emotions of your child with out condoning the bad behaviors. Parents only, child care will not be available. Please RSVP to email@example.com
State Tournament tickets for Football and Volleyball will be available to purchase at SHS, in front of the Finance office, starting Tuesday 10/30. Pre purchase your tickets at SHS, our school will receive $.50 for each ticket sold here, and skip the lines at the games! State pricing will be $5 per student and $10 per adult.
*Our Lady Red Devil Volleyball team has advanced to the Semi-final game Saturday 11/3 11:30 am @UVU*
Volleyball vs Bountiful: Thursday, November 1st, 5:00 pm @ UVU UCCU Convention center
Football @ Olympus: Friday, November 2nd, 5:00 pm
We invite all SHS students to participate in a Veterans Day Poetry Contest. All poems must be submitted to Mrs. Rabner by Monday, November 5th. The winning Poem will be read in the Veterans Day Assembly on November 8th.
All SHS students are invited to participate in the Veterans Day Poetry Contest. Poems should:
- express love of America or
- express pride in America or
- express gratitude for America and our Veterans or
- honor Veterans or
- explain what Veterans Day means to them or
- talk about peace or
- talk about the price of freedom or
- pay tribute to our Veterans
Our Lady Red Devil Cross Country team took the State 5A Title! Congratulations to Grant Gardner in his Individual Boys Cross Country first place finish. Both the Daily Herald and Desert News have articles on our Springville Cross Country teams and the 5A State Meet.
Individual Girls 5A time results
5A Girls Individual Results:
- Carlee Hansen, Woods Cross, 18:05.2
- Grace Burnett, Skyline, 18:08.9
- Laurie Murphy, Bountiful, 18:21.5
- Karli Branch, Corner Canyon, 18:37.6
- Heidi Sumsion, Springville, 18:40.5
- Elisabeth Ferrell, Farmington, 18:41.8
- Shanee Harris, Box Elder, 18:43.9
- AnnaBeth Templeman, Springville, 18:47.4
- Trisha Thompson, Bountiful, 18:47.9
- Sidney Preator, Timpanogos, 18:48.7
- Michelle Christian, Woods Cross, 18:55.8
- Mariah Skinner, Springville, 18:59.6
- Morgan Jensen, Alta, 19:00.3
- Jaroldeen Oveson, Timpview, 19:02.9
- Caroline Rupper, Brighton, 19:06.9
- Abbie Randall, Wasatch, 19:08.3
- Jane Fredrick, Olympus, 19:12.3
- Liza Sybrowsky, Timpview, 19:13.0
- Anna Sophia Rorrer Warrant, Bountiful, 19:18.1
5A Girls Team Results
5A girls team results:
- Springville 73; 2. Timpview 105; 3. Bountiful 112; 4. Skyline 113; 5. Olympus 133; 6. Timpanogos 184; 7. Farmington 189; 8. Corner Canyon 190; 9. Brighton 234; 10. Wasatch 252; 11. Woods Cross 260; 12. Highland 310; 13. Maple Mountain 334; 14. Alta 334; 15. Roy 368; 16. Murray 447.
5A Boys Individual Time Results
1. Grant Gardner, Springville, 15:26.8;2. Mark Boyle, Corner Canyon, 15:32.7; 3. Andrew Crowther, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 4. Creed Thompson, Skyridge, 15:43.5; 5. Thomas Boyden, Skyline, 15:45.4; 6. Jason Davis, Woods Cross, 15:50.8; 7. Alex Harbertson, Corner Canyon, 15:55.8; 8. Ian Valentine, Alta, 16:02.6; 9. Caleb Johnson, Corner Canyon, 16:03.6; 10. Dalton Mortensen, Bountiful, 16:04.4; 11. Ben Brockbank, Skyridge, 16:04.8; 12. Skyler Spence, Olympus, 16:04.9; 13. Nate Beltran, Corner Canyon, 16:09.0; 14. Isaac Berlin, Timpanogos, 16:10.1; 15. Calvin Boyce, Timpview, 16:10.9; 16. Arik Manwaring, Corner Canyon, 16:13; 17. Davin Thompson, Skyridge, 16:14.0; 18. Sam Sanft, Timpview, 16:18.8; 19. Jalen Anderton, Farmington, 16:20.4; 20. Jackson Dymond, Olympus, 16:21.4.
5A Boys Team Results
1. Corner Canyon 47; 2. Skyridge 59; 3. Farmington 144; 4. Timpanogos 152; 5. Springville 157; 6. Timpview 179; 7. Olympus 183; 8. Skyline 189; 9. Woods Cross 253; 10. Alta 267; 11. Bountiful 288; 12. Provo 315; 13. Jordan 343; 14. Murray 357; 15. Highland 361; 16. Box Elder 369.
You can find a list of four Early Voting locations or vote on Election Day at twenty-four locations found here: utahcounty.gov/elections.
All invited to the #savethekids free Parent Education Night sponsored by Nebo School District on November 5, 2018, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Springville High audirorium at 1205 East 900 South in Springville, Utah.
Collin Kartchner and Dr. Katey McPherson will lead a discussion on:
- Balancing screen time and device use,
- Protecting and cultivating our children's self worth,
- Devising a sensible family use of device plan.
This is Red Ribbon Week! The theme is “Life is Your Journey." Each day has a sub-theme, an activity, and questions which will be discussed in each class. The discussions will include things we CAN do to to help.
Students, plan on staying for lunch this week for some lunchtime activities.
Families can also benefit from discussing the questions together each day and talking about what you CAN do. See below for some of the questions and the activities for each day.
Monday: “On your journey don’t look back, you’re not going that way.”
- Question: When you have struggles it doesn’t mean you are bad. How can you help your classmates not feel that way? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: Listen to music from the decades with your fellow classmates.
Tuesday: “On your journey reach for the stars.”
- Question: I see negative comments on social media that are mean to people. I don’t want to get in the middle. What CAN I do?
- Lunchtime activity: Photo op with Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion.
Wednesday: “On your journey aim for the win.”
- Question: We live in a “selfie” world. How can I think more about others than myself? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: Come shoot some baskets with your friends in the gym with prizes for baskets made.
Thursday: “On your journey have fun.”
- Question: One moment doesn’t define you. How can you get past that moment and see your worth? What CAN you do?
- Lunchtime activity: “Minute to Win it” games in the library. Play a game and get a piece of PIZZA!
Friday: “On your journey choose to be drug/violence free. CHOOSE KIND!
- Question: Life can be hard but it is worth it. What can you do to remember this and carry these suggestions with you beyond Red Ribbon Week?
- Lunchtime activity: Wear your “Choose Kind” or “You Make the Difference” shirt. If you don’t have one wear red.
Please join Nebo School District and Utah Parent Center for a support meeting on helping your student think functionally and become more organized at home and at school.
Thursday, Ocotober 25th, 7:00 pm at the Nebo School District CTE Building (350 South Main Street, Spanish Fork).
Introducing Red Devil Floral! Support our Floriculture students who make these beautiful flower arrangements each month. October's monthly arrangement will be similar to shown here, though color and sizes of flowers may vary slightly. To order this month's arrangement for $20 (add $5 to have it delivered) visit the order form HERE, orders are due by October 19th. You can order the arrangements month by month or pay for an entire year of arrangements, to join the year long flower club please visit www.springviileffa.com.
Follow them on Instagram @reddevilfloral
It's Hope Week! The Hope Squad has activities planned for each day, ending the week with the Sadie Hawkins Dance. Make sure to read the weekly newsletter for all the school announcements and activities.