In light of the recent events in Florida and other tragedies that have happened around the country, Nebo School District is teaming up with KSL on February 22, 2018, as we Stand Up for a Safe Utah. Utah has a very powerful resource and that is the SafeUT app. As you all know, the SafeUT app provides real-time crisis intervention and has been proven to save lives and stop planned school attacks.
Our goal is to make sure that every parent, student and educator is aware of the app and has it downloaded on their phone.
Throughout the day, KSL will be highlighting all that the app can do, the history behind it, the success stories and much more. In addition, there will be some fun for the students. Below is the outline to encourage student involvement:
- Encourage your friends to download the app
- Use hashtag #SafeUT on posts
- Individuals will be able to share a screenshot of their phone with the app downloaded for a chance to win a $50 VISA card
- These screenshots will need to be posted in the contest on the KSL TV Facebook page
- The school that is tagged the most by their students will receive 100 pizzas from KSL!
- The contest will start Thursday, February 22 and Friday, February 23 at 3 p.m.
Watch KSL News at 5 p.m. on Friday to see which school will be receiving 100 pizzas!