The ACT is required at most 4-year institutions in the state of Utah. The test covers the areas of english, reading, mathematics and science reasoning.
Juniors now take the ACT at SHS in the early Spring. The test is paid for by the state, and it is required that every junior take the test on the test date assigned.
Seniors are strongly encouraged to re-take the ACT sometime in September, October, or December of their senior year so they can receive results in time for college admissions and various academic scholarships. One of the measurements used for college admittance is known as the Academic Index Score. It is used throughout the state to determine admissions eligibility and as a factor for academic scholarship qualification.
Test Dates and Deadlines:
Test Dates Registration Deadline Late Fee Required
September 9, 2017 August 4, 2017 August 5-18, 2017
October 28, 2017 September 22, 2017 September 23-Oct. 6, 2017
December 9, 2017 November 3, 2017 November 4-17, 2017
February 10, 2018 January 12, 2018 January 13-19, 2018
April 14, 2018 March 9, 2018 March 10-23, 2018
June 9, 2018 May 4, 2018 May 5-18, 2018
To register for the ACT visit: www.actstudent.org
The code for SHS students is: 450-415
ACT fees: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/actfees.html
- ACT Test Preparation Class: Offered 2-3 times a year, watch for emails home!
- Practice Tests: http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests
- Shmoop - Use the magic word BEEHIVE to creat an account.
- Practice SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (October). Sign up with Mr. Johnson the end of September.
- AP Exams (First 2 full weeks of May). Sign up with Mr. Johnson in March.
- ASVAB: Offered in September, watch for emails home!