The ACT is required at most 4-year institutions in the state of Utah. The test covers the areas of english, reading, mathematics and science reasoning.
Juniors now take the ACT at SHS in the early Spring. The test is paid for by the state, and it is required that every junior take the test on the test date assigned.
Seniors are strongly encouraged to re-take the ACT sometime in September, October, or December of their senior year so they can receive results in time for college admissions and various academic scholarships. One of the measurements used for college admittance is known as the Academic Index Score. It is used throughout the state to determine admissions eligibility and as a factor for academic scholarship qualification.
Test Dates and Deadlines:
Test Dates Registration Deadline Late Fee Required
September 10, 2016 August 5, 2016 August 6-19, 2016
October 22, 2016 September 16, 2016 September 17-30, 2016
December 10, 2016 November 4, 2016 November 5-18, 2016
February 11, 2017 January 13, 2017 January 14-20, 2017
April 8, 2017 March 3, 2017 March 4-17, 2017
June 10, 2017 May 5, 2017 May 6-19, 2017
To register for the ACT visit: www.actstudent.org
The code for SHS students is: 450-415
ACT fees: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/actfees.html
- ACT Test Preparation Class: Offered 2-3 times a year, watch for emails home!
- Practice Tests: http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests
- Shmoop - Use the magic word ARCHES to creat an account. Shmoop Parent Letter. Shmoop Flyer
- Practice SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (October). Sign up with Mr. Johnson the end of September.
- AP Exams (First 2 full weeks of May). Sign up with Mr. Johnson in March.
- ASVAB: Offered in September, watch for emails home!